Monday, November 21, 2011

Catcher or scooper? And other random thoughts...

So considering Jenn is at work and I am off for the second straight day, there really is no excuse not to blog. The only thing on my to do list today is clean up a little and watch the Patriots. Tough life.

Before we started our jobs at the two restaurants, we had the once in a lifetime opportunity to provide a fecal sample. Needless to say, my thrill was met with utter horror by Jenn! The thought of doing this alone was enough to turn her cheeks pink, nevermind in close proximity to me. So we decided Tuesday was the day. I woke up to pee in the rental condo and found the medicine cabinet noticeably ajar. I said, "babe is your poop in the cabinet?" she was instantly mortified that I found her poorly hidden poo. Evidently, her embarrassment didn't lead her to hide it better. I said, "who puts their s@it in a cabinet?" she proclaimed, " I didn't know where to put it and don't you dare look!"...suffice to say, this was a hilarious way to start the day. I inevitably scooped my poop a little later in the morning. That made the two of us scoopers, a match made in poop heaven. Some folks we work with claim to be catchers but this seems more of a professional method. Hopefully, this is a once in a lifetime experience. We subtly concealed our poop to get it tested and we were both negative on the parasites and positive on the embarrassment.

The people and atmosphere at Eat@ cane bay could not be better. The beach bar looks right out at the north side of the island. Sure beats being in a cubicle or behind a desk. The owners have invited us to thanksgiving along with the rest of the staff so this has relieved some anxiety about being alone on turkey day. We are looking forward to a very different tradition. Our thoughts will undoubtedly be with our family and friends stateside this Thursday...we are thankful for your support and blessing!
Other than the aforementioned, we have explored a lot of the beaches on island. All are stunning, and have a little something different to offer. We are currently preparing to book flights for a January trip to St. Marteen to see my grandparents. Lots to look forward to including our first visitors. Who's it going to be????
Until next time, have a happy thanksgiving!
Love to all,
Drew and Jenn

1 comment: